Monday, October 4, 2010

What a week!

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that this week I'll be posting about the amazing events of last week. The orchestra was on tour in the US under the batons of Nicolas Harnoncourt and Gustavo Dudamel, and we had a great series of concerts in Kentucky and New York.

I had such a fun time in both places! In Kentucky, I got to share a great Southern experience with the VPO (including bluegrass music and cornbread), and then I got to share our concert in Danville with many wonderful friends who drove up from Knoxville.

I always enjoy New York, but this trip was special because my whole family was there! My parents and my brother & sister-in-law joined Kristi, Eli, and me for several days of tasty meals, Broadway shows, and sightseeing. Not to mention that Jacob & Dani heard the orchestra for the first time ever!

It was also a special week from a musical perspective. We performed a huge variety of works and had great audiences for the whole tour. There were definitely lots of "I love my job" moments.

Anyway, keep your eyes out for posts in the coming days. I would catch up today, but I'm still a bit zombie-fied from jet lag, plus I have to drive to Linz in a few minutes. We're performing Smetana's My Fatherland there tonight, and then in Vienna on Wednesday and Thursday. In the meantime, you can read up on the Kentucky concert by following the links below:



No comments:

Post a Comment