Monday, May 30, 2011

Coming to a Town Near You!

As I posted some time ago, I’ve had the great honor of being invited to be a guest artist at this year’s International Trombone Festival. Yes, such a thing does exist. In fact, they’ve had 39 of ‘em, and for this special 40th anniversary festival, the ITA has decided to return to my quasi-hometown of Nashville, Tennessee! I’m super excited to have this major trombone event in my neck of the woods, and I can’t wait to hear all the great things that have been planned.

All the events will be held on the campus of Vanderbilt University, except for a special concert in which Joseph Alessi will premier a new trombone concerto with the Nashville Symphony in the Schermerhorn Center.

In preparation for my appearance at the ITF, which will include a solo recital and a masterclass, I will be giving four other recitals; two in North Texas and two in Middle Tennessee.

I will be visiting the campus of the University of North Texas from June 15th – 18th. There I will be rehearsing with my accompanist for the ITF, Natasha Sukhina, and we will perform a concert on the evening of the 16th. While I’m there, I’ll also have the chance to sit down with some of my professors to continue working towards my goal of finishing my Masters degree from UNT. On the 17th, I’ve been invited to give another solo concert at the University of Texas, Arlington. Thanks in advance to Vern Kagarice and Dennis Bubert for the chance to play and for organizing everything.

Natasha and I will then fly to Tennessee to perform a concert in my hometown of McMinnville, which is something I’ve wanted to do for years. That will be in the afternoon of June 19th. The next day I have the chance to do one last concert and masterclass at the Tennessee Governor’s School for the Arts, on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University. The trombone instructor there, David Loucky, was my instructor when I attended the GSFTA in 1998! David has been kind enough to organize an evening recital for the entire school, which is hundreds of 11th and 12th-graders. I am very excited and honored to be able to share music with the students and hopefully inspire them. After all, I was sitting right where they sit not that long ago (although 13 years sounds long, now that I think about it…).

Anyway, just wanted to post this announcement so folks in my two favorite regions could save the dates and begin to get the word out! All the concerts will be free admission.

Check the “Upcoming Schedule” page for more details, i.e. locations and times.

No comments:

Post a Comment